Moving from 2D to 3D
Transitioning from 2D to 3D is easier and more productive than you think!
Why to migrate to 3D?
While you might think 2D CAD is the easiest way to create designs, 3D solutions may provide critical insight that you need to innovate better and complete designs faster. When using just 2D tools, some design tasks like analyzing assemblies and checking interferences, may be almost impossible, while they are easy to implement in 3D. Validating and optimizing the design is a natural part of the 3D design process, while you cannot run analyzes to simulate design behavior on a 2D drawing.
These are the reasons why so many manufacturers over time have come to adapt 3D. Those that have upgraded to 3D product development have realized significant return on their investment – not only in product design but also throughout their product development and manufacturing.
BENEFITS OF USING 3D CAD
- Designing in 3D CAD is quick and easy
- It is easy to elliminate errors in the design process or when creating drawings
- You can use 3D files to create animations and renderings helping you in approval processes as well as in sales & marketing
- 3D CAD offers simulation tools for design testing and optimization
- Product documentation, assembly instructions, photorealistic renderings – everything can be created from the same file
- Increases competitivness, as you can bring products to market faster
3D CAD is easy to start with and there is help everywhere
SOLIDWORKS 3D CAD clear and intuitive interface makes it easy for everyone to start with 3D. Our technical consultants can provide you with the training as well as help finding relevant materials and answers to your questions. And if you need more help, there is a big SOLIDWORKS community with over 2 million users and thousands of resources on mySolidWorks.com like tutorials, videos, and CAD models.
Once implemented, you will quickly see that designing products in 3D is naturally more intuitive from the start. Even the simplest of products can benefit from 3D since its advantages can be realized throughout all phases of product development, enabling you to move from serial design processes to parallel one.
Considering the move to 3D? Let us help you!
Get in touch
Contact us for free consultation on how to move from 2D to 3D. Fill out the form below to get PLM Group consultant to help you. After sending the form we will give you a call to agree the time schedule suitable for you.
You will get to know
- how you can work more productively by using 3D CAD
- how to create drawings and documentation in 3D
- how to build and analyze assemblies in 3D
- how to transition your existing product data into 3D models
About PLM Group
We make our customers more competitive by implementing solutions based on PLM software applications in their value chain.
PLM Group is the largest Dassault Systèmes SOLIDWORKS partner in Northern Europe. We serve 5000 customers from a wide range of industries in Sweden, Norway, Denmark, Finland, Estonia and Latvia.
Our business solutions are combinations of validated software applications and services adapted to specific customer needs. Common for all solutions is fast implementation and short payback time.
Dassault Systemes SOLIDWORKS Corp. offers complete 3D software tools that let you create, simulate, publish, and manage your data. SOLIDWORKS products are easy to learn and use, and work together to help you design products better, faster, and more cost-effectively.