3D COMPONENT DESIGNER BRINGS TOGETHER CAD AND 3DEXPERIENCE PLATFORM
3D Component Designer connects SOLIDWORKS users to the 3DEXPERIENCE platform enabling product designs and documents to be stored and managed on the platform directly from SOLIDWORKS. 3D Component Designer also incorporates 3DEXPERIENCE web-based applications directly within SOLIDWORKS providing not only a consistent user experience between web and the CAD tool, but also access to other 3D Dashboard applications such as search, Collaborative Tasks and Change Management, just to name a few.
With 3DEXPERIENCE 3D Component Designer you can:
- Easily bring SOLIDWORKS users to the 3DEXPERIENCE platform
- Use the web browser for searching design content and viewing 3D product designs
- Leverage SOLIDWORKS data within 3DEXPERIENCE apps
3D Component Designer connects SOLIDWORKS users to the 3DEXPERIENCE platform.
HIGHLIGHTS OF 3DEXPERIENCE 3D COMPONENT DESIGNER
- Connect file-based CAD users to the 3DEXPERIENCE platform
- Perform lifecycle operations including revise, release and lock/unlock
- Easily navigate product structures to visualize designs and related changes
- Search, explore and select relevant design context from a web browser
- Load design context into SOLIDWORKS directly from a web-browser
- View and mark-up complex 3D product designs via the web
- View FT&A design information from a web-browser
- Leverage file-based SOLIDWORKS data with 3DEXPERIENCE platform design, simulation, manufacturing and governance apps and processes
BENEFITS OF 3DEXPERIENCE 3D COMPONENT DESIGNER
- 3D Component Designer is cloud and mobile ready which means connecting the product development process is a WiFi connection away allowing users to interact with product changes from anywhere without having to use CAD.
- With 3D Markup, users have the ability to review and add content in the way of markup to illustrate problems or changes required in the context of a 3D assembly or single component. New annotations can be saved in the platform and retrieved as required.
- 3D Annotation Experience enables users to review design tolerance information associated to a product design and helps non CAD users such as manufacturing or inspection people to see views and tolerancing in a 3D web based environment.
- Transform file based designs into a model based product definition for all in the product develop cycle to interact with globally via the web.
- Access other rich client and web applications from the 3DEXPERIENCE platform
3D Component Designer connects file-based SOLIDWORKS users to the 3DEXPERIENCE platform enabling product designs and documents to be stored and managed on the platform directly from SOLIDWORKS. By doing this, SOLIDWORKS now becomes part of the model based product definition where other disciplines can use apps on the 3DEXPERIENCE platform to add to the complete product definition. This means one model serves all disciplines. Users can leverage the platforms web-based apps to manage, annotate and visualize designs anywhere, anytime and on any device. Also, Microsoft Office applications can be connected to the 3DEXPERIENCE platform with 3D Component Designer.