SCAN-BASED CAD DESIGN
Geomatic – world class scanning softwares from 3D systems.
Geomagic for SOLIDWORKS is the only complete and integrated Scan-to-SOLIDWORKS model solution. You can build complex 3D models of real world objects by directly scanning or importing scan data into SOLIDWORKS. The advanced, automated wizards quickly and easily create accurate sketches, surfaces or feature-based editable solid parts inside SOLIDWORKS.
Geomagic Design X is a reverse engineering software that combines history-based CAD with 3D scan data processing. It offers direct 3D scanner control tools for the widest range of the most popular devices and creates feature-based, editable solid models with native output to SOLIDWORKS®, Siemens NX®, Solid Edge, Autodesk Inventor®, PTC Creo® and Pro/ENGINEER®.
WHY CHOOSE GEOMAGIC FOR SOLIDWORKS?
- Enables direct scanning of physical objects and importing scan data into SOLIDWORKS
- Advanced capabilities to make tools point clouds and polygons more usable in the design process
- Captures the design intent of complex geometry that cannot be measured any other way
WHY CHOOSE GEOMAGIC DESIGN X
- Enables editable, feature based CAD models from a 3D scanner
- Support output to wide range of CAD systems
- Scanning prototypes and already existing products saves time from product idea to finished design