Freehand Sketching in SOLIDWORKS Industrial Designer software
SOLIDWORKS Industrial Designer removes the constraints of traditional industrial design software to give you a flexible, intuitive, powerful modeling environment that will allow you to express your creativity without compromise. Quickly capture, develop, and communicate your design ideas directly in the digital model.
SOLIDWORKS Industrial Designer (SWID) enables you to create multiple 2D and 3D industrial designs concepts, where product aesthetics are being evolved and judged. In this phase, many ideas are captured and developed in response to a design brief or problem statement. These ideas are then reviewed by internal and external stakeholders before investigating further and refining the best designs.
WHY CHOOSE SOLIDWORKS INDUSTRIAL DESIGNER?
- Intuitive freehand sketching allows you to capture your design ideas directly in a 3D environment
- Expand your ideas in 3D with freeform sculpting techniques – simply push and pull geometry on screen
- Easily snapshot multiple design ideas in Concept Archives and then share them throughout your design community to gauge customers’ reactions
THREE BENEFITS OF SOLIDWORKS INDUSTRIAL DESIGNER
- Get organized with your project. With access control, encrypted communication protocols, and data backup and recovery procedures, your data files are always protected.
- Get collaborative on your project. Multiple engineers can work on the same product at the same time. Engage with all stakeholders early in the product development process.
- Get informed on your project. Unlimited number of shareable dashboards give you easy access to information about your product development, the latest comments from the community, and the people involved.
Features of SOLIDWORKS Industrial Designer
Simplify and Amplify your industrial design process
Capture your Ideas
SOLIDWORKS Industrial Designer breaks down traditional design process barriers by offering your business:
- Quickly capture your ideas in a natural, instinctive way using the screen as a virtual sketchpad.
- Concept sketching provides easy-to-use tools for creating sketch-based concepts and ideas.
- Simplified design evolution quickly moves your concept from sketches to complex 3D geometry helping accelerate time-to-market.
Expand your Ideas in 3D
Expand your ideas in 3D with freeform sculpting techniques – simply push and pull geometry on screen like virtual clay until you achieve the desired result:
- Integrated freeform and parametric surface/solid modeling merges the benefits of freeform sub-division, parametric solid, and surface modeling with direct editing.
- Direct editing easily transforms both native and imported solid geometry, reducing remodeling time and allowing you to focus on innovation.
- Realistic rendering tools enable you to produce stunning images to help convey exactly how the finished product might look.
Collaborate on the Cloud
Easily snapshot multiple design ideas in Concept Archives and then share them throughout your design community to gauge customers’ reactions.
- Access the collective intelligence of the whole team to drive towards the best design solution.
- Collaborate internally and externally with your design team, suppliers, and customers in an open innovation process.
- Engage stakeholders at any point in the design process by posting concepts to their private communities.
- Collect stakeholder concept reviews and feedback using simple and familiar web tools.
Get to know SOLIDWORKS Industrial designer
Watch our Videos