SOLIDWORKS Plastics Standard – COST-EFFECTIVE WAY TO OPTIMIZE PLASTICS PARTS FOR MANUFACTURABILITY
SOLIDWORKS Plastics Standard brings easy-to-use injection molding simulation directly to the designers of plastic parts and injection molds.
The most cost-effective time to optimize plastic parts for manufacturability is during the initial stages of product design. Skipping this step often leads to an inefficient mold design with an extremely narrow “good parts” processing window, resulting in high reject rates and time-to-market delays.
SOLIDWORKS Plastics Standard is fully embedded within the SOLIDWORKS CAD environment so you can analyze and modify designs at the same time you optimize for form, fit, and function.
WHY CHOOSE SOLIDWORKS PLASTICS?
- Analyze and modify designs for manufacturability; optimize for form, fit, and function
- Takes only minutes to learn and does not require extensive analysis or plastics expertise
- Web-based HTML reports make it fast and easy to communicate simulation results and share design advice
THREE BENEFITS OF SOLIDWORKS PLASTICS
- CAD Integrated: Fully embedded in the SOLIDWORKS 3D design environment to save time
- Get your team more productive
- Get your products faster to the market, lower the cost of change
WHY CHOOSE SOLIDWORKS PLASTICS PROFESSIONAL?
- Ensure molds will work as intended
- Analyze sprues, runners, and gates to balance runner systems; optimize gate type, size, and location; determine the best runner layout, size, and cross-sectional shape
- Quote tooling projects quickly and accurately
WHY CHOOSE SOLIDWORKS PLASTICS PREMIUM?
- Design and analyze mold cooling channel layouts
- Optimize cooling system design to minimize cycle times and decrease manufacturing costs
- Optimize part and mold design, material selection and processing parameters to reduce or eliminate warpage
Read what our customers say
“Previously, we were forced to guess the cycle time of the injection molding process if we did not have a similar existing product. If we guessed wrong, we could lose business because we were too expensive or put the price too low, which would lead to a loss. With SOLIDWORKS Plastics, we get an accurate calculation of the cycle time, so our sales department can offer our customers the right price.”