INTEGRATE ENVIRONMENTAL ASSESSMENT INTO YOUR DESIGN PROCESS using SOLIDWORKS Sustainability
SOLIDWORKS Sustainability performs real-time environmental assessments as part of your product design process. Fully integrated with your SOLIDWORKS design environment and using industry-standard life cycle assessment criteria, SOLIDWORKS Sustainability can quickly evaluate the environmental impacts of product designs, reduce material and energy usage, and incorporate sustainable design practices.
SOLIDWORKS Sustainability uses the gold-standard GaBi LCA environmental impact database from PE International. LCA gives you the information and confidence to make smart, environmentally friendly decisions before manufacturing begins. The analysis looks at a product’s entire life, which encompasses extraction, material production, manufacturing, product use, end-of-life disposal, and all transportation that occurs between these stages.
Assessment results are saved for each design configuration, helping you easily compare versions. The Assembly Visualization tool ranks the impact of the parts in your assembly to pinpoint and reassess the sustainability of your design. Seamless integration and automatic report generation allow you to quickly communicate your sustainable design solution.
WHY CHOOSE SOLIDWORKS SUSTAINABILITY?
- Growing demand for eco-friendly products on the market
- You will get to know how your product’s development will affect four crucial environmental factors like:
- air acidification
- carbon footprint
- total energy consumed
- water eutrophication
BENEFITS OF SOLIDWORKS SUSTAINABILITY
- Measuring environmental impacts will help you better design for the environment
- Reduce manufacturing costs related to material and energy usage
- Lower Total Cost of Ownership (TCO)
- Instantly generate reports that show the environmental impacts of your designs
Read what our customers say
“The time we save in the design process is spent on testing different design alternatives, and as a result we make better products.”