For SOLIDWORKS users, the benefit of the 3DEXPERIENCE platform is not always clear. “We have already SOLIDWORKS and it is working perfectly”. But do you share your files through DropBox, local server links or email? If the answer for this is also “yes we do”, then please read further – we offer you an easier alternative.
In this article we dive deep to some of the more important tools of 3DEXPERIENCE which will give you a clue on why these tools are worth investigating.
- SOLIDWORKS 3D CAD (as obvious as it is)
- Collaborative Business Innovator for 3DEXPERIENCE – For communication and and to organize the information relevant for you
- Collaborative Industry Innovator for 3DEXPERIENCE – Provides the PDM functionality to control revision and status of your files
- Connector for 3DEXPERIENCE in SOLIDWORKS
Let us take a look at the software.
Are you not entirely sure what 3DEXPERIENCE is? Read our guide here.
SOLIDWORKS 3D CAD
The 3D CAD software you – probably – know and love. And if not, we will briefly summarize here.
SOLIDWORKS 3D CAD is an intuitive engineering and design tool to speed up your design process.
It is a complete 3D CAD design solution, providing your product design team with all the mechanical design, verification, motion simulation, data management, and communication tools that you need.
Collaborative Business Innovator – for 3DEXPERIENCE
Why invest large amounts of money in cross-company collaboration systems while you can get it as standard with your SOLIDWORKS license?
It is a pre-set role on the 3DEXPERIENCE platform with essential applications and services. You can start using it immediately when you log in – it is already there for you in the interface.
The 4 best apps and services in Collaborative Business Innovator
- 3DDashboard to share information and make it available to everyone in dashboards
- 3DSwym to act socially with your team members and share ideas in communities
- 3DPlay to preview designs and show them easily on all devices
- 3DDrive to securely store, manage and access your data
4 benefits of using Collaborative Business Innovator
- You centralize information to monitor all aspects of your business
- You collaborate in real time across the entire organization
- You access files from any device anywhere anytime
- You securely share and store data on the cloud
The applications of Collaborative Business Innovator offer a better way to empower innovation by connecting your employees, partners and customers to share information and collaborate.
How does SOLIDWORKS and Collaborative Business Innovator work together?
Find out – we give you specific examples here.
Collaborative Industry Innovator – for 3DEXPERIENCE
Collaborative Industry Innovator on the 3DEXPERIENCE platform enables you to securely store, organize, and manage your content and collaborate in real-time.
It is an extension for the Collaborative Business Innovator role and connects all users in the industry value chain together in an online environment.
It brings you all the essential apps that help for example in managing product design and manufacturing process planning.
3 benefits of using Collaborative Industry Innovator
- You collaborate efficiently with your team through secured concurrent access to data
- You store all of your product IP including multi CAD design data into one place
- You access and start navigating product digital mockups of large designs from any device
The applications of Collaborative Industry Innovator offer a perfect solution when you are looking for a flexible cloud-based data and lifecycle management tool for CAD.
Connector – between SOLIDWORKS and 3DEXPERIENCE
Connector bridges SOLIDWORKS 3D CAD with the 3DEXPERIENCE platform.
The tool connects SOLIDWORKS with the 3DEXPERIENCE platform and enables managing your data on the platform directly from SOLIDWORKS.
The Connector for SOLIDWORKS enables you to access many of the tools found on 3DEXPERIENCE directly within SOLIDWORKS. With it, you can reserve files for editing, update status and revision for files, review and update tasks assigned to you and much more.
Do you have questions or need help?
Give us a call on +46 370 69 09 52 – we are happy to answer all your questions.
On our YouTube channel you’ll also find a lot of useful videos regarding the connection between 3DEXPERIENCE and SOLIDWORKS.
Is 3DEXPERIENCE a perfect fit for you?
Then our FastTrack service is highly relevant – it connects your SOLIDWORKS to 3DEXPERIENCE.