ENABLE DRAWINGLESS OPERATIONS WITH MODEL-BASED DESIGN (MBD)
How much time and money do you spend in creating and maintaining traditional 2D drawings? As 3D design becomes more prevalent, the limitations of traditional 2D drawings become more apparent—expensive and time-consuming to create and maintain; prone to mismatch with the 3D model (leading to massive production waste); not compliant with widely accepted and mandated industry standards.
SOLIDWORKS MBD (Model Based Definition) is an integrated drawingless manufacturing solution for SOLIDWORKS 3D design software. With SOLIDWORKS MBD, you can communicate product and manufacturing information (PMI) directly in 3D, bypassing time-consuming 2D processes, and eliminating potential problems.
SOLIDWORKS MBD defines PMI directly in 3D and avoiding the expensive, time-consuming, and risky 2D drawing detour, which can save up to one-third of the total engineering dollars. 3D PMI also helps speed up communication, cut quoting time, and reduce errors thanks to its 3D data interrogation, interactivity, and rich Meta properties.
SOLIDWORKS MBD helps organize the rich data into clean and structured 3D presentations with different views and display settings. It can even intelligently show and hide 3D annotations while you rotate the model to give you extra clarity while respecting all the critical-to-function annotations. Messy display? Tedious navigation? Missing annotations? Problems solved
WHY CHOOSE SOLIDWORKS MBD?
- Share, archive, and reuse intelligent 3D data
- Define PMI directly in 3D, avoiding the expense and time associated with developing 2D drawings
- All cross functional teams access the same data models to cut down on rework
- Streamline your operations, cut cycle time, reduce errors, and comply with industry standards
BENEFITS OF SOLIDWORKS MBD
- Reduce cost to create and maintain 2D drawings
- Reduce errors due to misinterpretation of design intent
- Decrease in scrap and rework costs, lower procurement costs for purchased parts
Read what our customers say
“One of the the major benefits of using SolidWorks both from a time and cost saving perspective has been to be able to reduce the number of physical prototypes by more than 50 percent. Our goal is to deliver verified prototypes for physical testing. We have already cut down drastically on the number of prototypes and we expect to reduce further.”