SOLIDWORKS Term Licensing
Say goodbye to expensive one-time license fees and hello to the future of software purchasing: SOLIDWORKS Term Licensing
The future is here:
SOLIDWORKS Term licensing
Term licensing gives you the freedom to adapt your software to your changing business needs.
With SOLIDWORKS Term licensing you’ll forget all about expensive one-time licences. It gives you the opportunity to explore the benefits of having a flexible and scalable solution, where you pay for the software on a subscription basis.
High functionalities at a low entry cost
Term licenses provide the same features and functionality as perpetual licenses, but they are time-based and can be purchased
in 3-month and 1-year terms.
With a Term License, you have access to the same level of support as Perpetual License customers on Subscription Service.
Plus, free access to MySolidWorks Professional, Certifications, and SOLIDWORKS Customer Portal.
As a customer, you have the option to mix and match Term and Perpetual Licenses.
Why SOLIDWORKS Term Licensing?
- Always up-to-date: Access to the newest version of SOLIDWORKS ensuring you work with the latest features and functions
- Scalability: Adjust or cancel your subscription at any time, making it easy to scale up or down as your needs change.
- Cost effective: Get started with SOLIDWORKS software at a minimum cost
- Predictable expenses: With term licensing, you know exactly how much you will be spending on software each month, making it easier to budget and manage expenses.
- Technical Support: Access to the same level of support as Perpetual License customers on Subscription Service.
Softwares supported by SOLIDWORKS Term Licensing
SOLIDWORKS Term Licensing is available both as Standalone and Network licensing.
SOLIDWORKS TERM is available for all SOLIDWORKS products:
|SOLIDWORKS 3D CAD||✓||✓|
Important! You do not own the license – you are effectively renting it.
Therefore, you need to consider how you will access design data after the Term license has expired.
“I love using SOLIDWORKS because I can start bringing my ideas to life the moment I open the software.
It’s so easy to turn my thoughts into a concrete sketch, and I’m always amazed by how quickly I can create complex designs with this powerful tool!”
Peter Ulrik Kann, Quantum Machines
To make an informed choice about SOLIDWORKS 3D CAD, you need all the relevant information.
Here are the answers to the questions we are asked most frequently.
Important Information about SOLIDWORKS Business Model Changes Coming in July 2023
Dassault Systèmes has announced that there will be changes in their business models starting from July 1st 2023.
- New SOLIDWORKS Perpetual Licenses: All new purchases of CAD license Subscriptions will automatically include SOLIDWORKS Cloud Services.
- All new SOLIDWORKS Perpetual licenses require two years of initial subscription with Cloud Services at the time of purchase.
- The subscription with Cloud Services will experience an uplift in price to a fraction of the cost of the value included.
- New SOLIDWORKS Term Licenses: All new SOLIDWORKS CAD TERM licenses will automatically include SOLIDWORKS Cloud Services.
- Term licensing will experience an uplift in price to a fraction of the cost of the value included.
- Existing Subscription: It does not affect your current SOLIDWORKS CAD licenses on subscription and the price will not change. However, you will have the flexibility to upgrade to a Subscription with Cloud Services for a nominal fee.
Read about the changes and how they will affect different licenses here: Important Information about SOLIDWORKS Business Model Changes Coming in July 2023
Can I get SOLIDWORKS for free?
Unfortunately, a SOLIDWORKS license is not free. The software comes in 3 different packages Standard, Professional and Premium, which all have various functionalities and prices. Learn more above or contact us.
However, Dassault Systèmes offers the software to students for education. If your school or university already has SOLIDWORKS Education, the student access is automatically available for you as student. Your professor will provide a license code granting you instant access. If not, please contact us, and we will help you gain access. Researchers, who meet requirements are also eligible for attractive discounts.
Start-ups that meet certain requirements can obtain access to SOLIDWORKS for free for the first year to help you to get started.
SOLIDWORKS also offers network licenses to eligible incubators, who help start-ups. This provides them with the best tools to work with from the beginning of their journey.
Finally, if you are interested in investing in SOLIDWORKS, but want to test the capabilities of the software first, our free trials may be a great option for you.
Contact us to learn more about your options.
Can I rent SOLIDWORKS?
Which SOLIDWORKS design solution is the right for my business?
Every company is unique and faces different challenges when trying to find the perfect design tool.
As customer needs and expectations evolve, Dassault Systèmes SOLIDWORKS is offering more varied, cloud-focused product development solutions.
Get the full overview of SOLIDWORKS Design Tools here – Download whitepaper
How do I learn how to use SOLIDWORKS?
Although SOLIDWORKS is one of the most intuitive CAD solutions on the market, its immense capability can be challenging to take advantage of.
We offer an extensive range of trainings, where you and your company can obtain all the skills you need and keep them up to date. With an active subscription, you will also gain unlimited support from our certified local SOLIDWORKS experts.
What are the hardware requirements for SOLIDWORKS?
We recommend that you combine a CPU clock speed of at least 3,3 GHz with 32 GB RAM and an SSD. Dassault Systèmes has official recommendations for which GPU is qualified to use with SOLIDWORKS – visit SOLIDWORKS website.
Read more about the things to consider when choosing hardware for SOLIDWORKS.
Using a workstation, which adheres to these recommendations will give you a smooth experience with SOLIDWORKS software products.
Where can I purchase SOLIDWORKS?
You can only purchase SOLIDWORKS through a certified reseller like PLM Group. The SOLIDWORKS Software offering is a comprehensive solution for all your design needs, and it may be challenging to decipher, which tools you need. Our experts can help you find the perfect solutions for your needs – contact us
Not to brag but we have skills and we know how to help you and your business.
Get a quote
Hey there! Ready to talk? We’re here to help you get to where you need to be. Contact us today to get a tailored quote suited to your needs and preferences.